Structural Engineer - Multifamily - Charleston, SC
Britt, Peters & Associates is looking for a Structural Engineer that is experienced in Wood-Frame Multi-family Construction.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our exciting growth and help us achieve the next level within the Charleston market and beyond. If you want to lead and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, then we want to talk to you!
Summary of Role
The ideal candidate will work both individually with the guidance of other engineers and on teams to complete larger projects. This individual's main responsibility will be designing wood frame multi-family projects and leading teams to execute projects; will also participate in business development activities to continue to grow the multi-family/mixed-us business segment. Typical projects include the design, analysis and evaluation of both new and existing building structures and range from small commercial repairs to the construction of multi-million-dollar facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and detail portions of projects
- Perform structural calculations, design and detailing for structural building elements
- Review and interpret technical documents and designs
- Review and evaluate building codes and product specifications to inform designs and analyses
- Correspond directly with clients, design professionals and contractors
- Plan and coordinate work and schedules with clients, other project stakeholders and BPA staff
- Perform local field visits to document and evaluate existing conditions and ongoing construction
- Author technical reports and project correspondence
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients and other design professionals
- BSCE or MSCE with focus in structures. MSCE preferred.
- 5+ years of experience required
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Revit a plus
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to adapt to different project types and tasks on a daily basis
- Eager to learn in every aspect of the job
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse team of professionals
- Able to perform physical field work, including climbing ladders, performing visual observations from afar/rooftops/scaffolding/confined spaces, using precision instruments, etc. (required)
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Paid holidays
- High Deductible Health Plans & PPO coverage options
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Short Term disability
- Long Term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Industry training and development
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment where you can learn and grow
Britt, Peters & Associates provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To be considered for a position with Britt, Peters & Associates, please submit your resume to Sam Hammack, firstname.lastname@example.org