Structural E.I.T.- Norfolk, VA
Great opportunity for a recent or upcoming graduate!
Summary of Role
This position is a full-time, entry level, structural engineering opportunity. The chosen candidate will work both individually with the guidance of other engineers and on teams to complete larger projects. Typical projects include the design, analysis and evaluation of both new and existing building structures and range from small commercial repairs to the construction of multi-million dollar facilities. Structural engineers will obtain professional experience in a variety of structural engineering materials and situations in coordination with other licensed structural and professional engineers. Benefits include a competitive salary, paid holidays, PTO, health, dental and vision insurance, 401K program, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and detail portions of projects
- Perform structural calculations, design and detailing for structural building elements
- Review and interpret technical documents and designs
- Review and evaluate building codes and product specifications to inform designs and analyses
- Correspond directly with clients, design professionals and contractors
- Plan and coordinate work and schedules with clients, other project stakeholders and BPA staff
- Perform local field visits to document and evaluate existing conditions and ongoing construction
- Author technical reports and project correspondence
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients and other design professionals
- BSCE or MSCE with focus in structures. MSCE preferred.
- Entry Level Structural EIT position
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Revit a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to adapt to different project types and tasks on a daily basis
- Eager to learn in every aspect of the job; one project may require researching a method of structural analysis while another may require using power tools to make an inspection opening
- Able to perform physical field work, including climbing ladders, performing visual observations from afar/rooftops/scaffolding/confined spaces, using precision instruments, etc. (required)
To be considered for a position with Britt, Peters & Associates, please submit your resume to Tara Saitz, firstname.lastname@example.org