Piedmont Plush Mill was originally designed by J.E. Sirrine, a local architect who helped shape Greenville. The original mill, had 24-paine windows on both sides and produced plush, mohair, velvet and auto upholstry fabrics on 28 looms.
The redevelopment keeps the open space, high ceilings, original flooring, exposed brick walls, and skylights. Britt, Peters provided the structural assessment of the existing wood and masonry structures and design for the renovation of the 25,000 SF building (circa 1925-1983). The civil engineering scope included 2.94 acre parcel annexation into the City, sewer main extension, ADA compliant parking lot and sidewalks, retaining wall and pocket park.
Redevelopment of historic Piedmont Plush Mill, originally constructed in 1925
Steel and Heavy Timber
SGA Architecture-shell, Gensler-interior upfit